What to Consider When Buying a Multifunction Printer
What is a multifunction printer?
A multifunction printer (MFP) is a device that consolidates the functionality of a printer, copier, scanner and/or fax into one machine. Multifunction printers are a common choice for budget-minded Sunshine Coast businesses that want to consolidate assets, reduce costs and improve workflow. As you move to more digital workflows, take a look at our list of multifunction printers specifically recommended for scanning documents.
Multifunction Printer Evaluation Considerations
To make an informed decision about what multifunction printer is right for you, you need to ask the right questions. Here are the 10 things you must know before you buy a multifunction printer.
1. Know your requirements.
2. Know the total cost of ownership (TCO) and cost/value benefits.
3. Know what third parties have to say.
4. Know how easy it is to connect to an existing network.
5. Know how easy it is to use.
6. Know its multitasking abilities.
7. Know its bi-directional communication capabilities.
8. Know the available device management, remote intelligence and support.
9. Know whether it provides the level of security and confidentiality you need.
10. Know what software and solutions are available.
Learn more about Xerox® multifunction printers